In 2012, I transitioned from offering birth and postpartum doula support to a private practice as an IBCLC, lactation consultant through Sound Breastfeeding.
Offering in-home, phone and online consultations covering a variety of topics including lactation, babywearing, cloth diapering, elimination communication, pumping and return to work, starting solids, and more. Limited postpartum doula support is also available, with more services and classes being offered in the future.
For families who are seeking birth doula support or extended postpartum doula support, I am happy to provide referrals to my trusted colleagues.
As a fully trained, licensed, and insured postpartum doula, I provide scheduled time for both day and overnight sessions during your postpartum period to support you with a variety of tasks. These are determined by your family and the specific needs you are anticipating, with the goal of creating a smooth transition for everyone in the family.
- Support and assistance with breastfeeding, pumping, and/or bottle-feeding
- Suggestions and assistance with mother’s birth recovery
- Advice on infant and parent sleep patterns
- Hands-on guidance with newborn care
- Recognizing and responding to postpartum mood disorders
- Light housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation and running of errands
- Sibling care and assistance with transition
- Assistance with basic pet care
- Access to my extensive lending library of books and videos
- Individualized referrals to local experts and resources
- Questions answered by email or phone in-between postpartum sessions
Daytime sessions are generally 3-4 hours.
Overnights are generally an 8 hour session from 10pm-6am, although I will sometimes consider other times including 10pm-2am.*
$50 per hour