Prenatal and postpartum preparation consultations – including the package listed below – private and community-based education sessions, and in-home lactation support once your baby arrives are all available through Sound Beginnings.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like a referral to one of my trusted birth doula colleagues.
- Complimentary “meet-and-greet” interview
- Two prenatal meetings to discuss your birth plans, answer your questions and support your preparations for labor and birth
- Support in creating your individual written birth plan or preferences
- Unlimited phone and email support from prenatal through postpartum
- Access to my extensive lending library of books and videos
- Individualized referrals to local experts and resources
- Two postpartum meetings:
- One meeting in the early days to talk about your birth, answer questions, and provide professional support with breastfeeding and finding your new rhythm
- One meeting at about a month postpartum to ensure a smooth transition to parenthood, answer questions and conclude our time together
(Please note that the Consultation Package does not include birth attendance.)
- Private childbirth education meeting, covering your choice of topics including signs and stages of labor, birth videos, discussion of common scenarios, variations and interventions, and comfort measures practice
- Preparations for the postpartum period – everything from nursery set-up and supplies, to sleep and nutrition
- Meeting with family or friends, including education about updates in newborn care and how to best support a new family
- Attendance at prenatal preparation class
- Breastfeeding education consultation
- Comprehensive lactation consultation for support and guidance to improve challenges
- Any additional prenatal or postpartum meeting
Discounts are available to teens, repeat clients, planned cesareans, and clients who use more than one service.
I believe that all families wanting professional support should receive it, regardless of ability to pay. I am happy to discuss payment plans and possible discount arrangements. If I am unavailable to support you, I will make sure to refer you to another qualified doula or professional in the community.
If you are interested in learning more about me please see my Frequently Asked Questions.